Sunday, June 5, 2011

Recipe: Spicy Pickles (Ostre Ogorki Konserwowe)

While eating lunch at work, I noticed a coworker had sliced spicy pickles.  He offered me a taste, and I found them quite pleasing, and duly asked him for his recipe.  Later, he sent me the recipe his mother uses (who made the pickles), and now I pass it off to you.  Enjoy.



2.5 kg of cucumbers
0.5 kg of sugar
1 cup of water
1 cup of vinegar
8 tablespoons oil
2 tablespoons sweet paprika powder
2 tablespoons hot pepper (cayenne) powder
4 tablespoons salt
1.5 cloves garlic

1) Cut the cucumbers and cover with salt Let stand until water leeches out of the cucumbers. Pour off water.
2) Boil all remaining ingredients.
3) Cut cucumbers, put into a jar(s), pour in marinade mixture, and leave overnight.
4) The next day, screw on the caps to the jars and boil to seal (canning process.)

No comments: