Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Widzew Lodz

Widzew Lodz is a soccer team in Lodz. They have a history with Legia Warszawa, who is their arch-rival, and their matches can often reduce to mayhem. Lodz also has a second team, ŁKS; however, the two teams of the city are also rivals, and each has fans within its own section of the city. These fans are nuts (and I do mean nuts.) I used to think that the Red Sox–Yankees rivalry was intense, but these guys top even that. I decided to do a little photo essay to show you some of the graffiti (which is EVERYWHERE) supporting Widzew and slandering ŁKS.
Widzew was founded in 1910. This is a very common sight for graffiti.

Widzew Lodz
Widzew Lodz
Widzew Lodz
Widzew Lodz
Jebac LKS
The Star of David takes the place of the 'K' in ŁKS. Apparently, in Lodz, is an insult to call someone a Jew. Most graffiti like this has the Star of David since it's common to call ŁKS and their supporters Jews. I think the chant went like this: "ŁKS, Jude! Jude! Jude!"

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tell me you AFRO American whee is your university.I will be on your way.
I hope,and I'm sure you have been beaten in Lodz city alraedy couple of times.
You son of a jude raus to your house

Anonymous said...

poland is sh*t. You should visit serbia or russia, its really dangerous so dont mess up with ultras