Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Say It Ain't So, Kodak! Say It Ain't So!

Kodak recently announced that after seventy-four years, they will discontinue production of their venerable Kodachrome slide film. The loss of the film, which served as the mainstay of photography for over half-a-century, has caused great pains for me. Known for it's archival quality, I am still able to admire my parents' photos from when they were on their honeymoon, in Africa, and from when I was but a wee one (the Agfachrome they used has since faded and taken on a green cast.)
I've sent an urgent letter to the States asking for some rolls (I can't find any here.) There's been a run on it and all the online retailers are currently out of stock. I hope to snag a few more rolls before it's lost forever. There's nothing like the look of a picture taken on Kodachrome.

Sleep well, sweet Prince. Sleep well.