Thursday, June 4, 2009

Two Score

Twenty years ago, it all began to come apart for communist Eastern Bloc; and it all started in Poland.

They've come far, and they have a ways to go, but they don't show any signs of slowing down. Let's cheer 'em all on.


Addendum:
Most Poles I know were quite happy and marked this occasion; although not all did. One, M from Lodz, was in mourning. M isn't really old enough to remember the Communist Era, but for some reason he longs to be back in that oppressive environment. He voted for the Communists in the last election (he despises both Tusk and the Kaczynski twins) and I never really understood why. I think it's just some sort of counter-culture thing (he also hates shopping malls and the people in them. Well, so do I.)
Oh, and I fucking hate communism.